Roman the Questari
Leader of the Wayward Grackel Caravan
- “Greetings! What’s your name, friend?”
- My name is Romanovich Gellistar Cominichi Guvassiaye, but I am called, by all who have the inclination, Roman. This collection of badly painted pine boxes you see behind me is The Wayward Grackle. I am its guide, its teamster, and its captain. Have you ever travelled by way of a Questari caravan? It is a thing of extreme comfort…and discretion.
- “Ready your weapon and prepare to die!”
- Weapon? Me? Clearly, you have mistaken me for some other handsome fellow.
- “That’s a nice cloak you have there. Would you consider a trade?”
- “This cloak. It was given me by my dearest grandmother. It is almost priceless. How could I part with such a thing? This trade would have to be very special. Yes, special indeed.
- “Enemy troops ahead! We’ve got to do something!”
- “Quiet down. They’ll want a bribe no doubt.
- “Will you allow some weary travelers to rest here for a bit?”
- “Yes. Of course. Do you play cards?”
- “Do you know where Ramus the Healer resides?” (Assume the answer is ‘no’)
- “Ah, the great Ramus…no I don’t. We have our own healers, I’m afraid. Much better in some ways. Questari magic can go where imperial magic can go. Good luck with Ramus though. I have heard that he is a skilled man with a saw”
- “Where can we find Princess Marcella?” (Assume the NPC knows the answer)
- “Marcella? Princess. Never heard of her.”
- “May I borrow your horse?”
- Ha ha. Good one."
- “Have you ever heard of Grendar the Mighty?” (Assume that Grendar killed the NPC’s brother)
- “I have not. Are you a friend of this Grendar, I have use and gold for a mercenary.”
- “We need to hide this map. Will you help us?”
- “By the font of Debachka, I will hide it. Look for me at the fair of Trevonfold three nights hence. Carry with you a chicken, that way I will know that you have not been compromised. Ask at the Folded Scalliwag for Vincenza Montpelier. That will be the name I will be registered under and then I will give you back this map. Until then, you have the word of the Questari that I, Bucephalus Quenzi, will keep it safe.”